Capturing Cultures: Hands-on Fermentation ON HOLD
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Robertson, NSW
- Product code: Fermentation
CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD OWING TO COVID19
Join us at Moonacres School for a 3.5 hour hands-on workshop with wholefood chef Holly Davis.
Learn to make your own raw, wild fermented foods using Moonacres organically
Holly is an inspiring wholefood chef, author and educator. Her first restaurant Manna was inspired by her interest in Macrobiotic philosophy, she then co-founded Sydney’s Iku Wholefoods in 1985.
Holly’s aim is to seduce people to better ways of thinking about, sourcing, preparing, and eating balanced wholefood meals.
Come to class and she will teach you all you need to know to start fermenting foods at home. You will leave with a jar of kraut, a brined ferment and a little dairy or water kefir culture to watch ferment and enjoy in the weeks and months beyond class.
You will gather a wealth of knowledge about making, maintaining and using your own fermented products at home.
Bring an inquiring mind and all your questions.
In this class you will learn:
- to make your own raw, wild fermented foods
- the skills to create satisfying meals which offer maximum nutrients and are easily
- to expand your understanding of seasonal wholefood ingredients
- where to source the best quality sustainable wholefoods
- to align with the wisdom of societies prior to industrialisation
During the class you will enjoy refreshments of coffee, tea, and a light lunch from Moonacres.
At the end of the class you will take with you:
- a jar of kraut
- a brined ferment
- a dairy or water kefir culture
- all the recipes and notes you need to make your own fermented products at home
This class is
suited to keen beginners as well as those with some fermenting experience.
The class runs from 10.30am to 2pm.
COVID19 - Please note we are running intimate classes of 10, with 5 pairs working together. Bookings may only be made in multiples of 2, with a minimum of 2 people. These arrangements are to ensure that we follow COVID19 guidelines, and provide a safe and enjoyable class. We encourage group bookings of up to 10 for a fun gathering for family and friends.